There are over 40 benefits associated with steam-bathing. A steambath is a steam-filled room for the purpose of relaxation and cleansing. A device called a steam generator boils water into steam and releases it into the air. It has a long history, going back to Greek and Roman times. There are some obvious benefits of opening pores, loosening up muscles and helping you relax. But many more benefits abound for those who steambathe. We’ve gathered 40 more from Mr. Steam. Come sit in a steamroom at Immerse.
- Improves breathing; opens up nasal passages related to symptoms of allergies.
- Improves breathing; opens up nasal passages related to symptoms of viruses.
- Hot mist helps to promote sinus drainage.
- Hot mist helps to loosen bronchial secretions.
- May provide temporary relief of asthma-type symptoms.
- Hot mist soothes the throat.
- Warm mist helps decrease symptoms due to croup.
- Acts as a natural expectorant.
- Cleanses the skin.
- May relieve acne conditions.
- Opens up pores.
- Lubricates the skin.
- Hydrates dry skin.
- Leaves skin with healthy glow.
- Makes shaving in a steam shower easier.
- Prepares the skin follicles for easier waxing.
- Removes toxins from the body.
- Increases circulation.
- Helps the body rid itself of excess sodium.
- May relieve pain & discomfort of arthritis.
- Rids the body of metabolic and other waste products.
- Helps with detoxification.
- Relieves stress.
- Encourages relaxation
- Promotes deep, restful sleep.
- Fosters a sense of well-being.
- Can help increase the length of REM cycles during sleep.
- Combining Steam and AromaTherapy® (lavender) may promote soothing relief from stress and tension.
- Combine Steam and MusicTherapy® to manage stress.
- Combine Steam and ChromaTherapy® to enhance your mood elevation.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Helps to reinvigorate tired muscles.
- Removes lactic acid from over- worked muscles.
- Increases muscular flexibility (great for stretching).
- On average, burns 150 calories in a 15-minute session at 114°F.
- Uses less than 2 gallons of water for a 1/2 hour steambath.
- Costs cents to operate.
- May increase equity of the home.
- Saves energy by following steam shower with a cold shower.
- Can simply be added to an existing shower. Does not require a separate area or room in order to be used.
- Great way to de-wrinkle clothes.
- Adds humidity to your orchids.